Not A Trap Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum for the average alliance Not A Trap.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Call me Crazy

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Firerush

Firerush

Call me Crazy Empty
PostSubject: Call me Crazy   Call me Crazy Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 4:53 am

or even insane, but I'm going to do something that may have been done before, but I doubt most people try, I'm going to get a nanite factory before I leave the newbie protection, I'm going to start its construction while my score is still less than 5000

Before you tell me it can't happen, here are some vital stats:

I have a level 10 Robotics Factory
I am researching Computer Technology level 9
I have enough Deuterium and Crystal (on a Resourcesaving mission) to research computer technology level 10 when they return
I have 4000 points (about 4250 after comp tech level 9 is done) and will have about 4750 when comp tech level 10 is done

So all I have to do is keep my score form going over 5000 and gather 1,000,000 metal, 500,000 crystal and 100,000 deut after that, considering all the hoops I jumped through to get the resources necessary for level 10 computer tech (selling all my metal for deuterium with the tutorial's free merchant use) it won't be that difficult, my raids on inactives to gather metal will be simple, and crystal will be jsut as easy, and since the Deut requirement is sol low (compared to what it cost for level 10 comp tech) I'll likely just gather the deuterium as a side effect of my raiding.

why am I doing this? Because I want to and I want to use a nanite factory to burst into the "elite" levels with a production speed unheard of for someone with such a low score, granted the nanite's resource costs mean it will give me 1600 points upon completion.

the only issue is, once I start building the nanite, I won't be able to do anythign but raid and research, but damn it will be worth it when I end up at only 6500 points and a nanit factory!
Back to top Go down
tagg5689

tagg5689

Call me Crazy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call me Crazy   Call me Crazy Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 9:57 am

its been done people in my old alliance have done it so good luck
Back to top Go down
Firerush

Firerush

Call me Crazy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call me Crazy   Call me Crazy Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 3:34 pm

Thanks, I guess is this is a style of gameplay that could be called "rushing" since other than my construction speed, a lot of what I have is pretty low, my resource rates are low (except for metal, arguably) the best ship I can build is a cruiser, I only have level 4 impulse, and so on.

This is the first time I've opted for a "speed over caution" approach to playing a game, the first time I've lived up to my chosen screen name Firerush
Back to top Go down
GeneralMcMuffin

GeneralMcMuffin

Call me Crazy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call me Crazy   Call me Crazy Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 11:36 am

I can see this as a perfectly reasonable way of doing things. if you can burst out of the newbie stage and leave massive devastation in your wake... why not? sounds great to me
Back to top Go down
Firerush

Firerush

Call me Crazy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call me Crazy   Call me Crazy Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 2:38 pm

Thanks,and yeah, I supposed cutting the build times for everything in half this early will be a big advantage, especially when ti comes to building the defenses needed to guard my home planet.

thanks for the support everyone
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Call me Crazy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call me Crazy   Call me Crazy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Call me Crazy
Page 1 of 1