Not A Trap Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum for the average alliance Not A Trap.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Defenses(Turtle)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
tagg5689

tagg5689

Defenses(Turtle) Empty
PostSubject: Defenses(Turtle)   Defenses(Turtle) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 9:01 am

Rocket Launchers and light lasers are your fodder defenses be sure to build these in large numbers to protect your more expensive defense

I will be using this to tell you how many of one defense it takes to destroy each ship that is a threat
#:# with this kind of ratio the first number being the number of defenses it will take
and the second being the ship

KEEP IN MIND THIS IS IF YOU HAVE THE SAME TECH LEVELS

HEAVY LASER
6:1 Battleship 3:1 cruiser 1:1 light figher 1:1 Heavy Fighter 13:1 Bomber
8:1 Destroyer 7:1 Battlecruiser 600:1 for a draw with a deathstar(minimum) The simulator im using has gone up to 10000 heavy lasers and still says draw

ION CANNON note that the Ion Cannon can absorb up to 500 damage per round which is the second highest shield power next to the Deathstar so the ion cannons usefulness is not in its ability to destroy ships it is its ability to take more damage
1:1 Light Fighter 1:1 Heavy Fighter 3:1 Cruiser 8:1 Battleship 20:1 Bomber
11:1 Destroyer 10:1 Battle Cruiser 600:1 all that sheild power in those ion cannons made up for the defense in power to scare away the deathstar

GAUSS CANNON One or two Gauss Cannons with a large amount of fodder will generally prevent any number of Cruiser-based fleets from attacking. a large amount of Gauss cannons is capable of wiping away a large amount of fodders.

1:5 Light Fighter 1:4 Heavy Fighter 1:1 Cruiser 2:1 Battleship 2:1 Bomber
4:1 Destroyer 2:1 BattleCruiser 280:1 Deathstar for a kill

PLASMA TURRET
The Plasma Turret is the most powerful defense in the game. It is fairly expensive, but well worth its price. There is no ship that has rapid fire against the Plasma Turret. Plasma Turrets are also useful for being able to destroy the widely-used Battleships in two hits, deterring attacks from fleets containing them. It takes 37 of them to destroy one Deathstar, but it would take proportionally more Gauss Cannons, because each time the Gauss fires it has to go through the Death Star's shields again, while Plasma fire is more concentrated in fewer turrets. Therefore, mass numbers of Plasma Turrets are really the only effective defense against Death Stars.

1:1 Battleship 1:1 Bomber 2:1 Destroyer 1:1 BattleCruiser 37:1 Deathstar kill

Later in the game Heavy Lasers will be fodder as well as light lasers and rocket launchers. The Guass cannon is very effective i recommend building large numbers of these because they can be just as effective as plasma turrets, then when we get plasma turrets they will back up the plasma turrets handily

Back to top Go down
GeneralMcMuffin

GeneralMcMuffin

Defenses(Turtle) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defenses(Turtle)   Defenses(Turtle) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 6:30 pm

Very nice info. It will be very handy for defences and for plotting attacks. I will point out to you all that this info can tell you what ships you should send swell as what to defend with
Back to top Go down
beastlybroz

beastlybroz

Defenses(Turtle) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defenses(Turtle)   Defenses(Turtle) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 2:00 pm

quite interesting. Ty
Back to top Go down
vaizard

Defenses(Turtle) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defenses(Turtle)   Defenses(Turtle) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 4:32 pm

Might i add, that from a recent raid i conducted, which turned out to be really stupid, 50 bombers can completely decimate 1500 Rocket Launchers. take this into account if you intend to build only fodder type defenses and fleets. (ie LF/HF and RL/LL). I won't mention that the 50 battleships i sent with the bombers got wiped out in 2 rounds. Just remember, sometimes numbers aren't everything.
Back to top Go down
tagg5689

tagg5689

Defenses(Turtle) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defenses(Turtle)   Defenses(Turtle) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 4:49 pm

well having nothing but fodder defenses will do you no good ou have to have the bigger defenses backin them up and numbers are everything bigger numbers scare away bigger fleets
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Defenses(Turtle) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defenses(Turtle)   Defenses(Turtle) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Defenses(Turtle)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Not A Trap Forum :: General-
Jump to: